Thursday, May 24, 2012

"She put her fanny in my face."

Well a few things have happened since last I blogged. The major thing that occured was that I went to New Orleans. It was a blasty blast (Dane Cook reference)!
Road Tripppp with Cassie and Nikki!!
We went to New Orleans to celebrate Cassie's birthday! With any trip there are negative moments but I'm such a positive person that I made light out of the negative. We, of course, had to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. because Forrest Gump is my all time favorite movie!
The Blue Hawaiian from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Yummmaaayyyy!
After dinner, we hit Bourbon. The street, of course. I'm a not a complete alcoholic. The night was good but not great. We went to a club called The Beach and let's just say it wasn't a happy day at the beach. Some ho bag started getting all up in Cassie's face because she said Cassie didn't pay for the shot that she drank. I don't really know what all was said, but we left the beach and hit the streets. At this point my foot was starting to hurt because I recently cracked my fifth metatarsal. So, after walking around drunk for an hour we went back to the hotel and hit the sheets real fast.  
Hurricane on Bourbon St.
Day two of NOLA was a lot better than Day one. We woke around noon and decided that we needed some food in our bellies. We hit the streets and had no luck finding a place to eat. Apparently we were on the wrong street. Eventually we found a nice little joint and just enjoyed the scenery. 

(SN: Apparently people start drinking real early in New Orleans. I guess being from Mississippi, alcohol isn't our first beverage of choice for breakfast.) 

Anyway, after lunch, we decided to hit Jackson Square and get our palms read. Instead we had a terra card reading. I went first and all of my terra cards were very positive. I was pleased. She said that I need to have more faith in myself and in my choices. Also I need to get some type of pink stone and wear it around my chest because I let love out but I don't let love in. Therfore, I need this pink stone because it will open up my heart to love. Interesting. Annnnd she said I'm going to live a very long time. For some reason I feel like this means I'm gonna die real soon. We'll see.
I love this picture.
Second night on Bourbon.
  That night we hit Bourbon St. for a second time and it was such a great time. First, we went to The Cats Meow, which was my favorite part of the whole trip because it's a Karaoke bar and I LOVE KARAOKE! Cassie, Brooke, and myself sang Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stafanni (spelling may be wrong). After Karaoke and Boyfriend by Justin Beiber came on we decided it was time for us to continue our night.

Our night ended with us meeting a few guys from England. It was quite eventful. Damien said that my Irish Dialect was pretty good and honestly what more could a gal ask for other than that. He also said the word "fanny". My trip was made in that instant.

Our final day in New Orleans was spent shopping and eating. I got some cool sunglasses and a Bubba Gump shirt.

As soon as we arrived home I already missed being in New Orleans but then I quickly remember all the walking, the honking, and the smell and I was glad to be home.

That's all for now, folks. Until next time, stay classy.

Love,
Taylor Dunn

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!

    My 2nd night recap is going up tonight and I am going to link your post in too - hope you don't mind getting some new peeps checking out yo page! :)

    See you soon! Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! Thanks so much. My next post will have to be about homeboy calling me!

      Delete