Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Why you foolin me?"

I probably shouldn't tell this story to the whole world (not really the whole world, but my world) cause it's gonna make me look real stupid. But I am anyway so here it goes.

My first day back at Uncle Bucks I was hosting cause of my foot and this family comes in. Well, I'm not much paying attention to them but this one guy starts talking about the fish tank (which I mean the fish tank is ridiculously big so it's a popular subject as people walk in the door) and so I chime in talking about the fish tank. Apparently that means I want this guy to flirt with me. That's actually not what that means at all, I was only making conversation cause I'm a nice person. Annnnyyyway, he then comments on my foot and asks how it happened so I tell him that I fell down the stairs blah blah blah.

This is where shiz goes south...

Okay, so he then asks me what my boyfriend thinks of this. And stupidly I say that I don't have a boyfriend (slaps myself in the face).

(SN: When one has been single as long as I have (21 years) it becomes a natural reaction to say that I don't have a boyfriend. I won't make that mistake again.)

Back to the story. His mind is just absolutely boggled that I don't have a boyfriend, which I'm not stupid, I know what he was trying to do there. Then he says, and I have to quote this because it makes me laugh/vomit in my mouth every time I think about it. He says, "Taylor, I wanna be your friend. Let me be your friend." I have plenty friends is what I should have said. Instead I said all sweet and innocent/please don't rape me right here..."okay."

I actually just slapped myself in the face after typing that.

Then he asks me for my number and because I'm such a nice person and I hate to come off as rude or mean, I gave it to him. Then he calls me as he's standing right there, which I knew he was gonna do. So I couldn't give him a fake. Then they sit down to eat and he's texting me while he's eating. This is our conversation...

Creeper: "You look tired."
Me: "My foot hurt."
Creeper: "I'll massage it for you promise."

I just couldn't bring myself to respond to that. Then they left and he said, "I'll be contacting you." Just kill me now. He texts me the next morning and says mornin. I didn't respond. He texts me later that day and says hey. I didn't respond. He texts me again the next morning and says mornin. I didn't respond. Then he texts me later that afternoon and asks what was the point of me getting his number if I'm not gonna reply. I didn't respond.

First of all...homeboy got MY number. Don't get it twisted!!

A couple days later I get a call from Vicksburg that I didn't answer cause it just seemed weird. Well I got a call from that number again a couple days ago and I answered it just out of curiosity. IT WAS HIM!!!

Me: "Hello?"
Creeper: "Why you foolin me?"
Me: "What?"
Creeper: "Why you foolin me?"
Me: "Who is this?"
Creeper: "Oh my god, it's (blank)."
...I choose not to use names.
Me: (hangs up phone)

I just don't  understand why I only attract the creepers. Luckily he hasn't called me or text me anymore. He better not show up at my work or I'll go crazy white girl on him. Just kiddding. I'll find someone else to.

But, lesson learned. Don't give your number out just because you don't want to be mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment